SuperCamps run Multi-Activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 4 – 12 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust. As the leading provider in this field our fun-packed camps are located in over 60+ venues nationwide where our reputation for high quality childcare depends on the utmost professionalism and hard work of our on-camp staff.
If you would like an exciting challenge within a fun and rewarding environment we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the role of the Camp Manager is to manage and support all staff, resources and processes to ensure the smooth running of a Super Camps venue and all of its programmes.
- Manage, direct and support staff to ensure they adhere to processes and procedures whilst the children in the care of Super Camps continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time
- Ensure that quality programmes across the brands are planned and delivered with structure and enthusiasm by staff at all times
- Liaise with parents in person and by phone with regard to the children's needs and feedback on any issues which arise
- Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources by managing your staff team and ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times
- Prepare and lead a Camp Induction and Training Day ensuring your camp, equipment and staff are ready for the first day of the season
- Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children are well-catered for through active supervision and care throughout the day
- Manage daily administration including sign in/out of children, timetabling and allocation of staff to timetabled activities plus other adhoc duties as required
- Where necessary share appropriate information with professionals and/or colleagues as may be required to keep everyone safe.
- Promote a positive culture of information sharing which leads to effective safeguarding processes being followed as per the company’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Take responsibility on behalf of SuperCamps for day to day safeguarding management, following the SuperCamps safeguarding policy
- It is essential that candidates:
- Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
- Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry preferably in a senior or managerial role
- Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment acting as a strong role model for both staff and children
- Have strong IT skills and administrative expertise
- Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
- Hold a 12 hour paediatric first aid qualification or are willing to undertake this training
It is highly desirable that candidates:
- Are qualified in teaching in the UK or have relevant childcare or coaching qualifications
- Hold a previous enhanced DBS check which is registered on the DBS Update Service
- Have experience delivering a high standard of Customer Service
- Are experienced in providing training and/or mentoring
- Have knowledge and previous training in safeguarding and child protection
- Have local Safeguarding Authority training
Salary: £105+ per day ( Depending on Experience)
Dates: 21st- 25th October and 28th October - November 1st
Selection & Appointment Process: Candidates will be required to complete the SuperCamps pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and enhanced DBS Status.
SuperCamps committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. SuperCamps believe that all staff need to be vigilant and act on any concerns they may have regarding the welfare of the children they are working with. If any member of staff has any suspicions about the treatment of a child, or actions of an adult, they must immediately raise it, either to the SuperCamps DSL team, local authority safeguarding services or the police.
At SuperCamps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.