SuperCamps run activity day camps in the school holidays for children aged 4 – 12 years, and we pride ourselves on delivering exciting camps that children love and parents trust.
Reporting to the company Divisional Managers, you will be assigned to a collection of camps in your area to assist.
As a Roaming Activity Instructor, you will be assigned to lead a group of children through a range of different sports and arts & crafts activities. You will be required to adapt your skills and experiences to working with children of a variety of ages, and easily adapt to travel between camps in your area with little notice.
· Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure the children in your care have a fun and stimulating time in a safe environment
· Plan and deliver a variety of activities with structure and enthusiasm whilst encouraging the maximum participation of the children
· Ensure that the pastoral needs of the children in your care are well-catered through active supervision and care throughout the day including breaks and lunch times
· Manage the exchange of relevant information regarding the children to their parents
· Demonstrate continuous respect for the host venue and Super Camps resources through ad hoc duties such as cleaning and kit maintenance
It is essential that candidates:
· Are over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK
· Are highly motivated and responsible individuals who are able to demonstrate a mature and professional attitude to their employment
· Have relevant experience working within the childcare industry and are capable of leading a group of children
· Are highly organised with superb communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to the role
· Have experience and interest in sports and arts & crafts activities
· Are able to flexibly adapt to effectively deal with sometimes unpredictable challenges within the childcare industry
· Have access to a vehicle
It is highly desirable that candidates:
· Are qualified or studying towards a relevant teaching, childcare or sports coaching qualification
· Have knowledge on safeguarding and child protection
· Have Local Safeguarding Authority training
· Have experience working within a camp environment or similar
We will provide training for a 12 hr paediatric first aid qualification, and will assist in you getting an enhanced DBS.
No two days will be the same, and some days we may need to cover a sick call at a camp with short notice.